- Sears refutes claim of canceled shipments
- Sears Holdings borrows $400m from Lampert
- Hub Group receives award from Sears Holdings
- HCN Stock Watch: Stock market food coma?
- Sears Holdings Q3: not as bad as expected
- Sears to lay off 5,000 workers, close 100 stores
- Sears under investigation over Lampert loan
Sears Holdings, via the company’s Sears Commercial Division, and Stanton Homes, a custom home builder based in Raleigh, N.C., have announced a partnership to offer joint discounts to veteran and military home buyers.
The program includes a 3 percent discount to veterans or members of the military on the purchase of a new home. Sears Commercial will offer a concurrent discount on appliances and home furnishings for any home purchased through the program.
The offer includes a standard appliance package, with options for upgrades and add-ons, according to a joint press release from the companies.
“The 3 percent discount on the price of a new home amounts to $7500 off a $250,000 custom home. With a 100 percent VA Loan, this amount could cover closing costs, allowing a Veteran or military home buyer to get into a home with no cash out-of-pocket,” said Stan Williams, CEO of Stanton Homes, in a statement.