- Sears Canada CEO jumps ship
- Sears Canada responds to McDonald's resignation
- Sears Holdings refutes Sears Canada report
- Sears Canada to lay off close to 800 workers
- Sears recalls oscillating fan heaters
- Departed Sears Canada CEO takes the helm at Sephora Americas
- Sears Canada deemed a top employer for young people
According to an article in Canadian Business, Sears Canada laid off about 70 employees from its Toronto headquarters.
Sears Canada is 92% owned by Hoffman Estates, Ill.-based Sears Holdings, which reported a widened net loss in its recent third-quarter earnings report. Sears Canada comps declined 7.8% in the third quarter.