- Demand for alternative decking to rise
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Myrick no longer with ProBuild Holdings
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- RONA prowling for U.S. lumberyards
- Lowe's posts sales and earnings declines in Q1
Royal Group, a manufacturer of decking, trim, pipe and other building materials, has announced the grand opening of a new distribution center in Terrebonne, Quebec. The new DC, called Produits de Bâtiment Résidentiel, will cater to the residential market, providing building products for new construction and remodeling projects.
“This is an optimal location, since approximately 25% of our current customer base in the Montreal region is in the Terrebonne area,” said Adrien Pilon, general manager of distribution at Royal. “Just as significant, the Terrebonne area has the highest projected new construction rate for the next five years in the Montreal region.”
The Terrebonne branch is 30% larger than the former Royal distribution center in Anjou, allowing the company to increase its selection of siding, trim and accessories, moldings, decking and windows. The expanded space will also enable the branch to carry Versetta Stone, Solid CoRe Siding and additional products from selected suppliers.
Based in Woodbridge, Ontario, Royal Group is a subsidiary of Georgia Gulf Corp., which makes a variety of remodeling and new construction products, including siding, deck, fence and rail, trim and moldings, pipe and fittings, and window and door profiles.