- Hardware Store All-Stars: The Dakotas and Minnesota
- In Minnesota, a retailer reaches for Congress
- US LBM divisions launch mobile apps
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Wisc., Iowa and Missouri
- Room for improvement: Home improvement and disruption
- Fastenal sales up 12.1% in Q2
- Installed Building Products expands
The Northwestern Lumber Association (NLA), a 118-year-old trade organization representing the LBM industry in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota, has announced a statement of agreement to merge with the Wisconsin Retail Lumber Association. Representatives from the two organizations are currently working on the details of the merger agreement, which is scheduled to be completed in 2010.
“This is such a natural fit between our organizations,” said Ron Enter, NLA chairman. “We have collaborated on many programs already and our business cultures are very similar. This will be beneficial for all our members.” The two trade groups will have a combined membership of 2,500 people, according to the NLA.