- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- National Hardware Show kicks off Tuesday in Las Vegas
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- Hardware store all-stars: Ark., Calif. and Colo.
- Westlake Ace Hardware named Retailer of the Year
- 2012 Hardware Store All-Stars
PRO Hardware, a division of Denver-based Pro Group, has announced its end-of-year award winners for retailers of the year and the Paul L. Cosgrave Memorial Award.
Poultry Electric PRO Hardware of Winchester, Tenn., was named the winner of the 2008 Paul L. Cosgrave Memorial Award. The Paul L. Cosgrave award is given to the PRO Hardware retailer recognizing “commitment to the principles and ideals of effective hardware merchandising developed by PRO Hardware founder Paul L. Cosgrave,” according to the division.
The rural Poultry Electric hardware store is “one of a few hardware stores in the country that have successfully integrated poultry supplies,” according to a statement. Owner Dale Goodwin purchased the store after traveling for two decades as a top salesman of poultry equipment. While he grew up helping his father with construction projects, this was his first venture into the retail business. His wife, Thelma, is a registered nurse who also helps in the business.
PRO Hardware also named the 2008 Paul L. Cosgrave Award finalist: McClain PRO Hardware of Hanover, Mich. McClain PRO Hardware is also PRO Hardware Retailer of the Year for the Bostwick-Braun Co., which is based in Toledo, Ohio.
Additional winners are as follows:
• The PRO Hardware Retailer of the Year for Horizon Distribution is Welches Mountain Building Supply of Welches, Ore.
• The PRO Hardware Retailer of the Year for Long-Lewis Hardware is Danny's PRO Builder's Supply of Centre, Ala.
PRO Hardware Retailers of the Year are selected based upon merchandising, inventory management, PRO key supplier support, advertising, store identification, sales and financial performance.
Pro Group is a marketing and merchandising organization for distributors and retailers in the hardware, lawn & garden, cabinet fabrication, paint sundries, farm products and agricultural markets.