- International home buyers on the rise in Texas
- Readers Respond: Guns and retail
- Kodiak Building Partners acquires AO, Inc.
- BMC opens new Fort Worth Design Center
- Big Four Report: More Voices from the Field
- With acquisition, PrimeSource points to U.S. jobs
- Home Depot’s Ellison tapped for JCP CEO spot
The 2011 ProDealer Industry Summit is responding to the building downturn with a healthy lineup of business-building educational sessions.
This year’s event, sponsored jointly by the National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association and Home Channel News, will take place Oct. 26 to 28 at the Grand Hyatt in San Antonio.
“This industry is ready to break out of the doldrums,” said Jim Reynolds, PDIS managing director. “The best minds in the industry will gather again this year in San Antonio to share their ideas.”
In addition to more networking opportunities than in years past, the event will feature an educational lineup designed to empower the attendees and their businesses.
Among the highlights:
• Forces of change in distribution: Guy Blissett, the wholesale distribution lead for the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors, will present a keynote address on changing distribution models, with lessons from the best in distribution.
• Standout sales and leadership: Connie Podesta, the president of Connie Podesta Inc./Standout, will discuss optimum leadership for today’s business environment.
• The 2010 census and the impact on residential construction: David Vandenbroucke from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and Greg Brooks, president of BSCi, review the data to help steer companies toward a recovery.