- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Organizational shake-up at Stock Building Supply
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- Carolina dealer recognized for grassroots leadership
- NextGen home at 2011 IBS donated to veteran
- Home prices rise in Case-Shiller Index
- Hammond Lumber expands to 12 locations
Pro-Build Holdings has announced the purchase of Alpine Lumber Supply, a pro dealer serving the Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, market from two locations, in Sandpoint and Post Falls. The terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
Founded in 1978, Alpine Lumber is a full-service lumberyard known for specialty wood products as well as decking, fencing, and siding. It operates a kitchen design center and millwork showroom. The company also installs windows, doors, stairways, tub and shower enclosures, mirrors, and closet systems.
Alpine Lumber will join Pro-Build’s existing operations in Coeur d’Alene and Spokane. “The addition of these teams will allow us to enhance our reach into the northern Idaho market as well as expand our installed services offerings,” said David Dittmer, president of the Pro-Build West region.
The largest pro dealer in the United States, Denver-based Pro-Build operates more than 520 locations in 40 states. Sales in 2006 were $5.1 billion.