- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- TW Perry named HCN Pro Dealer of the Year
- Organizational shake-up at Stock Building Supply
- PCBC kicks off in San Francisco
- Stepping down: Larry Stone
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
Denver-based Pro-Build Holdings has announced another acquisition -- of Lumber Inc., a distributor of lumber, flooring and roof trusses based in Albuquerque, N.M.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
In a news release, Pro-Build characterized the move as one more piece of an “aggressive strategy” to further expand the pro dealer’s presence in “major markets.”
“The Lumber Inc. acquisition provides Pro-Build with access to Albuquerque’s strong housing market,” the company said. “[The Albuquerque housing market] was ranked in the top 50 in the U.S. in single-family permits in 2006. The Lumber Inc. locations will complement Pro-Build’s existing operations in Santa Fe and Albuquerque."
Lumber Inc. operates four locations in the greater Albuquerque market, one location in Santa Fe and one in Las Cruces, N.M. Its customers include national and regional production builders as well as custom builders.
Late last month, Pro-Build announced it would purchase the LBM division of HD Supply. A spokeswoman for HD Supply confirmed it had signed a letter of intent to purchase most of the assets of HD Supply’s lumber and building materials business, which operates out of 19 lumberyards in the Atlanta area and 20 in Florida.