- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Beacon Roofing Supply reports sales declines
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- TW Perry named HCN Pro Dealer of the Year
- Home Depot's Menear honored by City of Hope
- Zarsky Lumber: It’s better in Texas
- Home Depot will hire 60,000 for spring push
PPG, the conglomerate that includes Pittsburgh Paint-maker PPG Architectural Coatings, will sell its specialty chemicals business for $65 million to Milan, Italy-based ZaCh System.
Charles Bunch, CEO and chairman of PPG, said the divestiture will allow the company to focus on its goal of becoming the “leading coatings and specialty products and services company.” PPG currently is the 45th largest home improvement retailer in the United States, according to HCN’s top 500 list of home channel retailers.
"Following last week's announcement of our potential divestiture of our auto glass businesses, this transaction is yet another step toward achieving PPG's vision,” Bunch said.
PPG facilities included in the agreement are a pharmaceutical fine chemicals plant in LaPorte, Texas, and the PPG-Sipsy facility in Avrille, France.