- International home buyers on the rise in Texas
- Kodiak Building Partners acquires AO, Inc.
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Texas, New Mexico and Colorado
- BMC opens new Fort Worth Design Center
- Home Depot’s Ellison tapped for JCP CEO spot
- Former Lowe's exec named to At Home board
- Big Four Report: More Voices from the Field
Pier 1 Imports, the Ft. Worth, Texas-based home decor retailer in the midst of a turnaround, has reported its second-quarter same-store sales fell 1.7 percent.
The company, which has not yet released full second-quarter results, said margins were hurt by more sales activity during the period.
Specifically, Pier 1 CEO Alex Smith said traffic was positive, but markdowns in garden accessories and outdoor furniture hurt the company’s overall performance.
Pier 1 will release its full quarterly results on Sept. 18.