- Mahurin out at Orchard Supply Hardware
- HCN names Meek’s "Pro Dealer of the Year"
- Michelle Desiderio to speak at this year's PDIS
- Depot advances its omnichannel agenda
- Kelly-Moore Paints expands California footprint
- Sears Outlet opens in Modesto
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
Thanks to the efforts of Perky-Pet, a recognized name in birdfeeding, children at schools across the country will have a teacher-approved reason to gaze out the window all day. The company recently donated 100 birdfeeders to schools ranging from New Hampshire to California.
The donation comes on the heels of its recent giveaway of hummingbird feeders and seed feeders to five elementary schools in May. The move encouraged the schools to incorporate birdwatching lessons and, as the company puts it, "get kids unplugged from technology and plugged into nature."
"With around 10,000 different species of birds in the world, children can learn so much from birds including diversity, environmental responsibility, and geography,” explains Jenna Lefever, category development associate at Perky-Pet. “With our school program, we really want to teach children the importance of birds and their habitats."
The company is also encouraging the schools to trade notes with each other on their birdwatching programs.