- Owens Corning gets a Green Cross for Safety Medal
- Whirlpool dryers board the Energy Star train
- 10 products seen at the National Hardware Show
- What’s a PCT? A hot product, says researcher
- Columbia Lighting tackles low ceiling LED needs
- Scotts Miracle-Gro replaces CFO
- Panasonic earns Energy Star prize
Owens Corning has been placed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) for the fourth consecutive year, named this year as the Industry Leader for the DJSI World Building Products component.
"This is a milestone year on many levels for Owens Corning, including the celebration of today's news and the year-long celebration of our company's 75th anniversary," said chairman and CEO Mike Thaman. "One of the keys to our success yesterday, today and especially tomorrow, is the energy our people put toward our sustainability strategy."
The DJSI World Index is made up of prominent companies who have made significant steps in sustainable economic, environmental and social initiatives.
"Meeting the needs of the present without compromising the world that we leave to the future is this company's unwavering commitment," said Owens Corning chief sustainability officer Frank O'Brien-Bernini. "Our people continue to prove that our customers, our communities, our employees and our investors can see significant benefits from that strategy."
Owens Corning recently reported some of the following achievements in its 7th Sustainability Report:
• Eleven consecutive years of safety improvement;
• Introduction of company-wide policy to prohibit cell phone usage while driving;
• Achieved all seven of its first 10-year environmental footprint goals;
• Reduced greenhouse gas emissions;
• Completed several water use reduction projects; and
• Achieved more than 60% shingle recycling availability.
The DJSI World Index tracks the stock performance of various companies in terms of economic, environmental and social criteria to aid investors with an eye toward sustainability considerations.