- The Top 100 delivers growth
- Porter-Cable and Bostitch roll out power tools
- Venhuizen's rule: no standing still
- Tile Shop reports gains, sees work ahead
- Elite Appliance stocks GE kitchen and laundry appliances
- Whirlpool named Homes for Our Troops official appliance sponsor
- Christopher Durham named VP retail brands at Theory House
Outlaw Fasteners is looking to raise money through "crowdsourced funds" to develop a new deck screw system.
The company is launching its screw and bit product on Kickstarter Oct. 1.
"Our team has created the first major innovation in screw technology in over 80 years," said Ron Elmore, director of marketing for Outlaw Fasteners.
Outlaw screws are driven by a UniGrip drive system that brings increased points of contact between screw and driver. The company says its design promotes ease of use. Also, the screws require just one bit, compatible with all Outlaw screws from 1 in. to 8 in. in length and from 5/64 in. to 1/2 in. in diameter.
The company hopes to make screws available online, before expanding its distribution network. After the completion of the Kickstarter campaign on Oct. 31, the screws will be available for pre-order at Outlawfasteners.com.