- Christopher Durham named VP retail brands at Theory House
- Lowe’s marches to omnichannel drummer
- Stock Building Supply opens new Charlotte facility
- NyloBoard builds distribution
- Electrolux makes $50,000 contribution to N.C. families
- New hire at National Gypsum
- Lowe’s posts Q4 sales and earnings growth
Charlotte, N.C.-based fastener design and distribution company Outlaw Fasteners is a recipient of a 2013 Pro Tool Innovation Award.
The recognition comes less than two-weeks after Outlaw introduced its new screw product on Kickstarter. The new screw design is powered by the UniGrip Drive System and signifies the biggest innovation in screw and drive technology in more than 80 years.
“We are proud to have received this award and to have been recognized for our engineering achievements in the fastener industry. Outlaw Screws will relieve much of the aggravation and problems associated with screws of the past,” said Outlaw marketing director Ron Elmore.
The tiered-hexagonal design of the product described as “The World’s Best Deck Screw” features up to 18 points of contact with the UniGrip bit -- 14 more points than a traditional Philips screw. The numerous points of contact create the highest torque to driver ratio of any screw, according to the company.
The product also has a single bit that will work on screw sizes from 5/64 in. to 1/2 in. in diameter.