- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- At International Builders' Show, a smarter show home
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- International Builders' Show kicks off in Orlando
- A mixed bag of home channel merchandise
- Marvin's plans store at former Walmart site
- Owens Corning to sell masonry division
The Asphalt Roofing Manufacturer's Association (ARMA) announced the top three asphalt roofing projects for 2011 -- two homes and one commercial project.
The gold medal the ARMA's Quality Asphalt Roofing Case-Study (QARC) Awards program went to a residence in Deerfield, Ill., in a project by Precise Roofing. Silver went to a residence in Seagoeville, Texas, a project by Legends Roofing. And the Bronze medal was awarded to the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta - Miami Branch, a project by Advanced Roofing.
Judging was done by a panel of roofing industry experts and based on the project’s use of asphalt roofing systems, aesthetics, affordability and reliability.
“ARMA launched this program in 2010 as a way of honoring those hardworking roofing professionals who create innovative and extraordinary asphalt roofing systems for the residential and commercial markets.” said ARMA executive VP Reed Hitchcock. “Too often, asphalt roofing is overlooked or taken for granted but through our awards program we aim to feature these projects in the spotlight.”
The top three winners receive a check from ARMA in the amounts of $2,000, $1,000 and $500 and will have their projects featured on the QARC website.