- Weyerhaeuser steps up stair innovation
- Weyerhaeuser is moving HQ to Seattle
- Weyerhaeuser's Rettig to head sales for Tru Joist
- PACOA reports on Fall Dealer Market
- CNRG goes West with Parkrose Hardware
- Roofing Supply Group expands in the West
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
A veteran of the engineered wood product industry, Michael D. St. John died Nov. 29. He was 66.
St. John was integral to the founding of Pacific Woodtech in Burlington, Wash., and its business plan, heading up sales and marketing since 1999. He served as VP and director of the company. He is credited with originating private-labeling in the EWP market.
St. John also worked for Trus Joist for about 22 years. He was a board trustee of APA, chairman of the APA Marketing Advisory Committee and a member on the APA EWS I-joist/SCL Management Committee.
He received his bachelor’s degree from Colorado State University in 1974, where he played football. St. John served in the Navy from 1960 until his Honorable Discharge in 1965, including as a Navy Seal. He was awarded three combat metals.