- Carolina dealer recognized for grassroots leadership
- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Organizational shake-up at Stock Building Supply
- Lowe's shakes up in-store staffing
- Myrick no longer with ProBuild Holdings
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- 2012 Hardware Store All-Stars
Blackhawk Hardware, an Ace dealer in Charlotte, N.C., decided to spice things up this holiday season by producing some racy TV ads. The 15-second spots are running on Comedy Central in the 11 p.m. time slot. There are two versions, one for female and one for male shoppers.
Store designers Andy Wilkerson and Kristina Abbot said they were aiming for “elegantly sexy” when they put together the commercials, which they hope bring younger customers into the boutique sections of the hardware store. Blackhawk has more traditional ads that run on other cable stations, but Wilkerson told Charlotte Fox News that, “It's so hard to explain what Blackhawk is that I decided that we shouldn't try to explain it. You just have to experience it."