- UBS director points to jobs as key metric
- Orgill points the way to price image
- Former Newell Rubbermaid exec heads to Acme Canada
- Famed designer Nate Berkus teams up with LG
- Paige Wittman promoted to VP sales at Andersen
- China Ceramics announces board member resignations
- Black & Decker rebrands itself for 2014
Newell Rubbermaid named to its board of directors Ignacio Perez Lizaur, a former Wal-Mart Stores executive.
Lizaur led Wal-Mart’s first international venture when he worked as director of Sam’s Club Mexico in 1991.
"Ignacio's deep experience and knowledge of the route-to-market dynamics in the emerging markets will be invaluable to us as we expand our footprint into these high-growth geographies," said Michael Polk, Newell Rubbermaid's president and CEO. "My team and I are excited to draw on his vast perspective."
Before joining Walmart, Perez Lizaur held several posts with the Federal Government of Mexico, including general director of employment in the Ministry of Labor and an economist in the Ministry of the Budget. During his tenure, he launched a joint project between the World Bank and Mexico's state governments focused on temporary employment and training.