- Newell Rubbermaid seals deal with Ignite Holdings
- General Mills exec named to Newell Rubbermaid board
- Newell Rubbermaid appoints two presidents
- Newell Rubbermaid acquiring stroller company
- Newell Rubbermaid completes Baby Jogger purchase
- Newell Rubbermaid sets sights on e-commerce hub
- Newell Rubbermaid reaffirms full-year guidance
Atlanta-based Newell-Rubbermaid posted a sales increase of 4.6% to $1.33 billion for the quarter. Net income was reported of $79.3 million, up from $75.7 million in the first quarter last year.
“We’re encouraged by the solid start to the year,” said Michael Polk, president and CEO. “We generated 5.2% core sales growth, normalized operating margin expansion, and nearly 14% normalized EPS improvement.”
The company’s home-channel brands include Irwin, Lenox, and Rubbermaid. Sales in the United States and Canada rose 1%. International sales climbed almost 14%, with particular strength in the Asia Pacific region.