- Newell Rubbermaid seals deal with Ignite Holdings
- General Mills exec named to Newell Rubbermaid board
- Newell Rubbermaid appoints two presidents
- Newell Rubbermaid to acquire water bottle company
- Newell Rubbermaid acquiring stroller company
- Newell Rubbermaid completes Baby Jogger purchase
- Newell Rubbermaid sets sights on e-commerce hub
Housewares maker Newell Rubbermaid has announced plans to build a new 800,000-square-foot distribution facility in Atlanta.
The move is part of a company strategy to “convert many single-brand distribution centers to select multi-brand distribution centers that are located more centrally,” the company said in a statement.
The new facility will employ approximately 300 people.
"This new distribution center further supports our global objective to achieve operational excellence and best total cost across our strong portfolio of brands," said Mark Ketchum, president and CEO of Newell Rubbermaid. "We are continuing to make solid progress in eliminating redundancies and reducing our operational footprint.”
The company has reduced its global distribution facilities from 96 facilities to fewer than 80, with a goal of decreasing to approximately 50 over the next two years.