- Newell Rubbermaid appoints new HR officer
- Newell Rubbermaid restructures its marketing cadre
- Newell Rubbermaid attributes windfall Q3 income to sale of hardware unit
- Nate Young named VP global innovation at Newell Rubbermaid
- Newell Rubbermaid's full-year income up 18.3%
- Industry Dashboard for Dec. 9, 2013
- Newell Rubbermaid completes sale
Andrea Freeman, the former VP marketing and brand management at Newell Rubbermaid, has joined Aaron’s, the rent-to-own retailer, as VP marketing. Freeman will report directly to Aaron’s chairman, president and CEO Ronald Allen and be responsible for marketing strategy and implementation, marketing communications, research and planning, business development, and coordination with sales and other business partners on strategic initiatives.
In addition to her experience at Newell Rubbermaid, Freeman’s background includes a 10-year stint with the Coca-Cola Co.
"As a multifaceted brand, Aaron’s marketing covers a wide spectrum including sports, community outreach, military support, store growth and franchising,” said Allen. "We have been seeking an individual with the knowledge and experience to handle the intricacies of all these areas, and [Freeman] fits the bill perfectly. She has an extensive background with national consumer brands, and we are confident her expertise in innovation will lead Aaron’s in exciting new directions for 2013."
Aarons’ operates 2,050 locations and specializes in the sales and lease ownership of residential furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories.