- Newell Rubbermaid seals deal with Ignite Holdings
- General Mills exec named to Newell Rubbermaid board
- Newell Rubbermaid appoints two presidents
- Newell Rubbermaid acquiring stroller company
- Newell Rubbermaid completes Baby Jogger purchase
- Newell Rubbermaid sets sights on e-commerce hub
- Newell Rubbermaid reaffirms full-year guidance
Newell Rubbermaid reported massive gains of 79% in net income for the third fiscal quarter of 2013, a momentary boom that the company attributed to the sale of its hardware business.
Newell sold the unit to Nova Capital for $214 million, before taxes, in September.
In addition to the income generated from the sale, the company also reported improved sales in North America and Latin America, with increased market share in baby and parenting products, home solutions and tools.
All in all, net income rose to $193.3 million, compared to $108.3 million the previous quarter. Revenue was up 2% to $1.49 billion.