- Rubbermaid introduces Executive Series product line
- Newell Rubbermaid attributes windfall Q3 income to sale of hardware unit
- Newell Rubbermaid appoints new HR officer
- Newell Rubbermaid restructures its marketing cadre
- Nate Young named VP global innovation at Newell Rubbermaid
- Newell Rubbermaid's full-year income up 18.3%
- Industry Dashboard for Dec. 9, 2013
Newell Rubbermaid appointed Doug Martin, 49, as chief financial officer, succeeding Juan Figuereo.
The multi-faceted consumer product company with brands including Irwin, Rubbermaid and Graco describes Martin as a “decisive, results-oriented leader with a strong record of financial operations management across multiple disciplines and geographies.”
With 25 years in the company, he most recently served as deputy chief financial officer, where he is credited with designing a roadmap for streamlining the cost structure of the company and the global finance function.
“We are making good early progress in the execution of our growth game plan by taking an aggressive stance toward reducing structural costs and working capital, and increasing brand investment,” said Michael Polk, Newell Rubbermaid’s president and CEO. “Doug’s strategic leadership, financial expertise and deep company and industry knowledge will be instrumental to helping us realize our growth ambition.”
In its most recent quarter ended June 30, Newell Rubbermaid posted sales of $1.52 billion, down 1.9% from the previous quarter. Net income for the quarter was $111.8 million, down 23.8%.