- The Top 300 ride again
- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- Hardware store all-stars: Ark., Calif. and Colo.
- McDaniel’s Do it Center earns 'Golden Hammer'
- After two years of declines, hardware sales are up
- Hardware store sales show growth in May
Although they’ve never been in the hardware business before, a pair of entrepreneurs has reopened the closed hardware store on Main St. in Nazareth, Pa., because they think it has a future, according to an article in The Morning Call.
Barbara Werkheiser, chief claims consultant for Guardian Life Insurance Co. of America, and Mike Meixell, a maintenance supervisor at a nearby retirement home, visited hardware stores in several states before teaming up with the PRO Group and opening Nazareth Hometown Hardware. They are on the location of the former Nazareth Hardware, which closed in 2009 due in part to the poor economy, according to the article.
Werkheiser said she is banking on the store’s proximity and superior customer service to help them compete against neighboring big boxes.