- From builders, an Obamacare primer
- Builders' Show highlights top products
- Design & Construction Week hits Vegas
- Morgan named chair of NAHB Professional Women in Building Council
- Jerry Howard to speak at NLBMDA Spring Meeting & Legislative Conference
- Phil Kean named NAHB Custom Builder of the Year
- By the numbers: NAHB predicts growth
The National Association of Home Builders’ 50-plus Housing Council has named Joanne Theunissen, a small-volume custom builder from central Michigan, as its new chair, the group has announced.
The NAHB 50+ Housing Council serves the 50-plus seniors housing industry and is a leading source of information and research on the active adult, independent living, service-enriched and assisted-living markets.
“With millions of boomers reaching retirement age, the 50-plus housing market is one of the fastest growing segments of the industry, and builders are starting to take notice,” said Theunissen.
Theunissen also serves on the NAHB’s Public Affairs Committee, Green Builder Subcommittee and board of directors. She also currently chairs the NAHB Working Group for the upcoming National Green Building Conference held in May in New Orleans.