- From builders, an Obamacare primer
- NAHB sees home construction on a roll
- Home builder confidence hits four-month low in November
- Builders' Show highlights top products
- Design & Construction Week hits Vegas
- By the numbers: NAHB predicts growth
- Morgan named chair of NAHB Professional Women in Building Council
The National Association of Home Builders’ 50-plus Housing Council has named Joanne Theunissen, a small-volume custom builder from central Michigan, as its new chair, the group has announced.
The NAHB 50+ Housing Council serves the 50-plus seniors housing industry and is a leading source of information and research on the active adult, independent living, service-enriched and assisted-living markets.
“With millions of boomers reaching retirement age, the 50-plus housing market is one of the fastest growing segments of the industry, and builders are starting to take notice,” said Theunissen.
Theunissen also serves on the NAHB’s Public Affairs Committee, Green Builder Subcommittee and board of directors. She also currently chairs the NAHB Working Group for the upcoming National Green Building Conference held in May in New Orleans.