- Sears repeats recall of Kenmore dehumidifiers
- Citing fire hazard, Viking recalls refrigerator freezers
- Recall issued for dehumidifiers that cause home fires
- Recall issued on sheet sanders
- Recall issued on surface cleaner attachment
- Viking Range recalls built-in refrigerators
- Study shines light on lead content in Christmas lights
HeathCo of Bowling Green, Ky., is recalling its motion-activiated outdoor lights due to the possibility of electrical shock hazard.
The internal fixture wiring can energize the entire surface and fittings of the fixture, posing an electrical shock hazard, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
The recall affects bout 210,000 units in the United States and 13,000 in Canada. This recall includes multiple Heath/Zenith Motion Activated Outdoor Lights used for porch lighting. The product comes in 21 designs with a variety of finishes and is designed to turn on at night when motion is detected.
No injuries were reported.
The product, manufactured in China, was sold a large home improvement retailers, lighting, electrical and other retail stores nationwide and online from December 2006 to July 2013 for between $50 and $120.