- Fastenal sales up 12.1% in Q2
- Research hones in on North American attitudes
- Andersen pumps $18 million into Bayport facility
- DuraLife signs with upper Midwest distributor
- Rust-Oleum Group acquires Citadel floor coatings business
- Weyerhaeuser bolsters James Hardie offering in Minnesota
- Valspar donates $1 million to university lab
Beisswenger's, a New Brighton, Minn., hardware store, is rolling dice with the weather this winter and offering a promotion to generate snow-blower sales at the same time.
According to WCCO, Beisswenger's is advertising this deal: if customers buy a snow blower by Dec. 23, they will get their money back if it snows 6 ins. or more on New Year's Day. With the unpredictability of Minnesota weather, the offer is expected to get noticed in the market.
According to the article, the idea for the promotion, the first of its kind for the Do it Best member, came from a store employee.