- Standard Companies joins US LBM
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Illinois, Indiana and Michigan
- ABC Supply continues acquisition spree
- Whirlpool embraces chores in marketing campaign
- Masco reports Q2 sales increase
- Kodiak Building Partners strikes deal with Barnsco
- Tripp Smith named VP sales at EarthTronics
Kerr Hardware, a Mason, Mich., hardware store, was hurt by a major reconstruction of its street, according to an article in the Lansing State Journal.
The store had operated as a friendly, neighborhood hardware store for 47 years. Ivan Kerr told the newspaper: "When it's time to stop, it's time to stop." Increased competition and unfavorable changes to the flow of traffic on Cedar Street hurt the business, according to the article.
Kerr will continue to operate a rental business.