- BrassCraft packages new brand strategy
- Newell Rubbermaid opens Design Center in Michigan
- Masco donates in support of veterans
- DuraLife signs with upper Midwest distributor
- Joseph Harper retires from Sterling board
- Universal Forest Products buys crate manufacturer
- UFP to distribute CAMO fastening system
Ward’s Do-it Center, a hardware store in Hamburg Township, Mich., reopened on May 14 after a fire destroyed nearly half the store the week before, according to an article in the Livingston Daily.
Firefighters from several municipalities near the southeast Michigan town battled the May 9 evening blaze, which damaged or destroyed two other stores in the strip mall they share. No one was hurt.
Steve Ward, owner of Ward’s Do-it Center, said the fire crippled 50% of his operation and destroyed the garden center. He erected tents behind the store to replace the garden center until a permanent structure can be rebuilt, hopefully within three months.
The cause of the blaze has not been determined.