- DA, PRO event honors industry players
- AV Homes taps Bill Kiselick as president of new Carolinas Division
- Christopher Durham named VP retail brands at Theory House
- Professional Builders Supply grows in N.C.
- There’s no place like home
- Chris Yenrick accepts the gavel as 2014 NLBMDA chairman
- Lowe’s posts Q4 sales and earnings growth
Meritage Homes has opened a new division in Charlotte, N.C., expanding its Southeast Region operations. The division plans to open its first communities in the Charlotte area later this year.
The home builder opened new divisions in Raleigh, N.C., and Tampa, Fla., last year.
Rick Roberson has been named Charlotte division president. He has nearly 10 years of home-building experience and was most recently with the company's Texas Region.
"Meritage has built a great reputation in the Orlando and Raleigh markets, and our homes have been very well-received by buyers there for the tremendous value and quality of living we offer," said Fred Vandercook, president of Meritage Homes Southeast Region. "We plan to offer similar homes in Charlotte and have every confidence that Rick and his team will be equally successful."