- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Ace's Motorcycle Mission rides again
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- 2012 Hardware Store All-Stars
- Myrick no longer with ProBuild Holdings
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
Menards is planning a new 162,340-square-foot store in Quincy, Ill., according to a report in the Quincy Herald-Whig newspaper.
The total store would encompass 240,000 square feet, including a garden center and lumberyard. The store also will sell groceries, according to the report. Several new Menards stores throughout the Midwest have begun offering convenience grocery items in the past year.
Marv Prochaska, vp-real estate for Menards, told the newspaper the store is expected to open in 2009.
Quincy, Ill., is located on the far western border of Illinois near Hannibal, Mo.