- HCN names Meek’s "Pro Dealer of the Year"
- Rebates take center stage in Indy
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Maine, Vermont and N.H.
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Wisc., Iowa and Missouri
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Florida, Georgia and Alabama
- Commentary: The 'female-friendly' business
- Hartmann to appear on 'Undercover Boss'
Menards plans to forge ahead with its second and third home improvement stores in Missouri, according to local media reports.
According to the Columbian Missourian newspaper, Menards store project manager Donald Lairmore told the newspaper that construction is expected to begin on the Columbia big-box site by the end of July.
Menards entered the state of Missouri last year with its first location in St. Joseph, Mo., on the northwestern border of the state with Kansas.
Menards also recently announced plans to go forward with a further store in Sedalia, Mo. That 162,000-square-foot plan is slated to go under construction later this summer, according to the Sedalia Democrat newspaper. Sedalia is located in the west-central part of the state.
Both locations are expected to be open in 2009.