- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- At Blish-Mize, a fifth-generation CEO
- Ace names new chief for Westlake
- Kansas City region sees beginnings of new IKEA location
- Wichita retailer wins golden honor
- Sioux Chief hires two new national sales directors
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Nebraska, Kansas and Iowa
Menards is looking to open as many as six stores in the Kansas City metro area, according to an article in the Kansas City Business Journal.
Kansas City officials said the home improvement chain has submitted initial plans for a 162,340-sq.-ft. store accompanied by eight pad sites for a large retail center that Menards would develop on vacant property. A rezoning hearing is scheduled before the city’s planning commission on March 6.
A Menards spokesman would not confirm or deny the number of units the retailer is planning for the area.
Sources familiar with Menards' plans said the company is actively considering locations in Liberty, Lee's Summit, Grandview, Independence,and Overland Park.
The Kansas City metro area already has 17 Home Depot stores and 12 Lowe's locations, according to the newspaper.