- US LBM divisions launch mobile apps
- US LBM expands Florida presence
- At Menards, Crestline reports wider offering
- CalStar's sustainable bricks now come in 6 new sizes
- Briggs & Stratton adds corporate development SVP
- At Blain's, Jane Blain Gilbertson named chief
- Briggs and Stratton will acquire Allmand Bros.
Eau Claire, Wis.-based Menards has proposed a new store in Austin, Minn., a south central Minnesota city close to the Iowa border, according to a report in the Austin Post-Bulletin.
The retailer has proposed a 162,000-square-foot store on a 78-acre site, which includes space for other commercial developments and multi-family homes, according to the report.
It’s unclear when construction could begin on the project, from summer 2008 to spring 2009.
The site is near a Target store, and a nearby site includes a Wal-Mart Supercenter currently under construction. The Menards store is expected to employ 150 to 200 people.