- At PDIS: Conversations with award winners
- Owens Corning to sell masonry division
- At International Builders' Show, a smarter show home
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- International Builders' Show kicks off in Orlando
- Editor’s Notebook: The NLBMDA goes to Washington
- Passing the gavel in Savannah
Bismarck, N.D.-based MDU Resources has announced its acquisition of Quality Concrete & Materials.
Quality Concrete, headquartered in Beaumont, Texas, will become part of Knife River Corp., the construction materials and mining subsidiary of MDU Resources.
Financial details were not disclosed.
"Quality's strong market presence in an area that is experiencing robust industrial and commercial growth will be of great benefit to our construction materials business," said Terry Hildestad, president and CEO of MDU Resources.
Quality Concrete operates 10 ready-mix concrete plants, two material distribution yards and three pug mills in southeast and central Texas. Annually, the company’s revenues total about $50 million.
Doug Almond, founder and president of Quality, will continue to lead the company, which will now operate as Knife River - East Texas Division under the Knife River brand.
MDU Resources provides natural resource products and related services that are vital for energy and transportation infrastructure. Quality Concrete & Materials is a ready-mix concrete and materials supplier.