- McDaniel’s Do it Center earns 'Golden Hammer'
- Top-load washers making a comeback
- Lumber, laws and lessons learned
- Pacific States Industries acquires plywood company
- Naming names, award-winner points to advantages
- In a twist, Congress looks to delay bulb phaseout
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Washington, Oregon and Idaho
The impact of federal regulations on light bulb sales has created an opportunity for a Snohomish, Wash., hardware store to push supplies while they last.
McDaniel's Do it Center’s recent email marketing blast pointed to January 2012 changes in light bulb regulations and encouraged consumers to "stock up now and shine on!"
The company's light bulb flier included a handy list of "Manufacturer Discontinue Dates" -- for instance, 100-watt, 75-watt and 60-watt medium base bulbs will be discontinued on the first day of 2012, 2013 and 2014, respectively.
McDaniel's Do it Center also promoted a buy-one-get-one-free deal with any compact fluorescent bulb.