- Weyerhaeuser's Rettig to head sales for Tru Joist
- Weyerhaeuser steps up stair innovation
- CNRG goes West with Parkrose Hardware
- Jerry Howard to speak at NLBMDA Spring Meeting & Legislative Conference
- Weyerhaeuser posts a strong 2013
- WOLF inks new deal with Capital Lumber
- Home development project set for Washington state
The impact of federal regulations on light bulb sales has created an opportunity for a Snohomish, Wash., hardware store to push supplies while they last.
McDaniel's Do it Center’s recent email marketing blast pointed to January 2012 changes in light bulb regulations and encouraged consumers to "stock up now and shine on!"
The company's light bulb flier included a handy list of "Manufacturer Discontinue Dates" -- for instance, 100-watt, 75-watt and 60-watt medium base bulbs will be discontinued on the first day of 2012, 2013 and 2014, respectively.
McDaniel's Do it Center also promoted a buy-one-get-one-free deal with any compact fluorescent bulb.