- The home channel's seeing green
- Jobs report brings mixed messages
- GAF starts production of Cornell insulation panels
- Market Recap: RISI Crow's Construction Materials Cost Index
- Data show drop in appliance shipment values
- Kickstarter tool company hits the market
- L.J. Smith Stair Systems makes acquisition
Masonite International Corporation has announced its acquisition of Masisa S.A.'s door manufacturing operations.
Specifically, Masonite has purchased Masisa's door component operations in Cabrero, Chile and its door assembly factory in Chillan, Chile, both of which primarily deal in stile, rail panel and French wood doors for the North American market.
The agreement, announced June 18, was for a sale price of approximately $12.5 million. The two facilities, which employ roughly 300 people, are expected to provide strategic growth opportunities for Masonite and complement its existing collection of residential doors.