- Doug Miller named interim CEO for Handy Hardware
- Bayou City Lumber stocks shelves with fire-resistant products
- Handy Hardware dealers return to business in San Antonio
- Braun's Roofing partners with CertainTeed cool roofs
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS: Dewayne Williams and Martin Ketelaar
- U.S. salary budgets projected to rise 3.1% in 2014
- Sight, for the unseen
Maria Frank recently purchased Houston-based Cabinets & Designs from her father, Cabinets & Designs founder David Steffan Sr., who had owned the company for 40 years.
"I feel very proud that my father has the confidence in me to continue the business," said Frank. "To take care of something that he's spent his life on is incredible."
According to a company statement, Frank has fond memories of spending time with her father when he was in the start-up phase of launching the business. As a child, she would travel with him to visit dealers and help him stamp company brochures.
Frank, who cites exponential growth in cabinetry varieties, plans on launching new products and implementing technological features like 3-D design.
"The primary goal is to keep it in the family," said Steffan. "Maria promised to take good care of it, and as far as I know she hasn't broken any promises yet!"