- Lowe's takes a leap into virtual reality
- HD vs. LOW, a tale of the Q4 tape
- Lowe’s marches to omnichannel drummer
- Christopher Durham named VP retail brands at Theory House
- Over lead paint, Lowe's settles for $500,000
- Porch sets up shop in Lowe's stores nationwide
- Lowe’s Iris gets boost from State Farm
Through its “Creative Ideas” Web site, and other online tools, Lowe’s has opted to promote the “staycation” trend of individuals foregoing vacations in favor of spending time at home, primarily because of high gas prices.
At www.lowescreativeideas.com/outdoorliving, the retailer promotes hammocks, lounge chairs, flowers, tiki torches and other “tropical” items meant to help create a “tropical paradise” in the backyard. The site also gives tips on how to create an “urban garden.”
The company is using the site to promote items such as fire pits, trellises, lounge chairs and hammocks under the “Garden Treasures” line; as well as Weber charcoal grills and Malibu solar tiki torches.
At www.lowes.com/learn2grow, the retailer also offers tips for creating a European-style garden, with flower tips and product suggestions on fountains, trellises and gazebos.