- Lowe's takes a leap into virtual reality
- Lowe’s marches to omnichannel drummer
- HD vs. LOW, a tale of the Q4 tape
- New season, new strategies at HD, LOW
- KILZ introduces Hide-All primer at entry-level price point
- Christopher Durham named VP retail brands at Theory House
- Porch sets up shop in Lowe's stores nationwide
Mooresville, N.C.-based Lowe’s Cos., announced today the appointment of Michael Brown to EVP and chief information officer.
Brown replaces Steven Stone, who is leaving the company to pursue other interests.
Brown previously served as EVP store operations and lowes.com since 2006. He joined Lowe’s in 1984 and served in various positions, including SVP store operations for Lowe’s South Central and West Divisions, regional VP of the company’s Northeast Division, merchandising VP and VP specialty sales.
He will report to chairman and CEO Robert Niblock.
“The importance of new and enhanced technology is accelerating in every facet of our business and is essential to the way we interact with our customers today and into the future,” Niblock said. “Mike has a deep understanding of our customers, operations and the strategic initiatives that will propel our future growth. This background has prepared him well to assume this important new assignment.
“We thank Steve for his hard work and many contributions to Lowe’s over the years and wish him much success in the future,” Niblock added.