- Duracell charges into the generator category
- Product diversity on display in Las Vegas
- NextGen home at 2011 IBS donated to veteran
- Hardware dealers to talk shop at Golden Hammer breakfast
- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- National Hardware Show kicks off Tuesday in Las Vegas
The National Hardware Show in partnership with the North American Retail Hardware Association (NRHA) will devote a day to independent retailers with a series of awards, giveaways, seminars and celebrations.
The Thursday series of events have been collectively dubbed "Independents Day."
Held around the NRHA Village Stage in the main lobby of the National Hardware Show, the May 12 day-long celebration of independent home improvement retailers will get started with a panel discussion titled “Leading the Way: Local Business and its Value to the Economy.” Held in a roundtable format, this event will feature influential proponents of the shop-local movement who will discuss the importance of local businesses and the impact these businesses have on the economy.
That panel will be followed by presentations on consumer marketing initiatives and retail performance awards.