- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- At Bed Bath & Beyond, a strong Q3
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- NAHB forecasts 20% growth in starts
Lancaster, a paint sundries distributor, has appointed Geff Lynch as its new senior VP sales and marketing. Lynch will oversee all sales and marketing functions for the Lancaster/Five Star groups.
Lynch is replacing Bruce Sherman, who is leaving the company to spend more time with his family. Sherman has served in the role of VP field sales for Five Star this past year and previously held the position of CEO for The Five Star Group.
Lynch has worked as VP marketing at The Merit Group since January 2008. He has a 24-year background in the paint sundry industry, including sales and marketing positions for GMG Distributors and Gaco Western.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, S.C., The Merit Group distributes its products through its Lancaster, Five Star, Merit Trade Source and Merit Pro trade names. The company, which operates nine distribution centers, serves more than 10,000 retail locations including national, regional and independent paint chains, home improvement centers, hardware stores, lumberyards and drywall yards in the United States, the Caribbean, and Central and South America.