- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- In their words: The US LBM story
- Hardware Store All-Stars: New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- HBC acquires WordLock
- Cox Industries pitches in lumber for Seaside Heights boardwalk recovery
- Eco Red Shield selected in New Jersey Sandy rebuild
- Tile Shop expands its New Jersey presence
Kuiken Brothers, the nine-unit chain of New Jersey lumberyards and design centers, will hold an Aug. 19 groundbreaking on a new distribution facility in Succasunna, a community in Roxbury Township. The 12-acre facility, built on the site of a Wickes lumberyard destroyed in a fire, will encompass 130,000 square feet of covered storage. Kuiken Brothers already operates a design center, KB Concepts, on the same site.
“This has been on the drawing board for five years,” company president Doug Kuiken told Home Channel News. The distribution center will serve all of the Kuiken Brothers locations with dimensional lumber, panels, engineered wood products and other building materials, Kuiken said.
Ranked No. 64 on the HCN Top 350 Pro Dealer Scoreboard, Kuiken Brothers serves the northern New Jersey and southern New York markets from Fair Lawn, Emerson, Midland Park, Ogdensburg, Wantage, Garfield, Succasunna, Roseland and Warwick, N.Y. Revenues in 2007 were $130 million.