- Kodiak Building Partners acquires AO, Inc.
- Big Four Report: More Voices from the Field
- International home buyers on the rise in Texas
- BMC opens new Fort Worth Design Center
- Builders FirstSource acquires Slone Lumber Company
- With acquisition, PrimeSource points to U.S. jobs
- Home Depot’s Ellison tapped for JCP CEO spot
Kodiak Building Partners has agreed to acquire Dallas-based Barnsco Inc., a fabricator and distributor of rebar and concrete accessories for commercial construction and road-building applications in North Central Texas and Southeastern Michigan.
"We are very excited about joining forces with the Barnsco team," said Kodiak president and COO Steve Swinney. "Combined with Barton Supply, Kodiak's first acquisition over three years ago, we now boast a diverse footprint for steel fabrication and distribution in Texas, Colorado and Michigan and expect to continue expansion in the steel platform in the months and years to come."
Kodiak chairman and CEO Paul Hylbert commented that the Barnsco acquisition builds upon Kodiak's expanding presence in the booming Texas market, which also includes Gulf & Basco, Factory Builder Stores and AO Door.
The deal, which is slated to close early in the third quarter, remains subject to standard closing conditions. The exact terms were not disclosed.