- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Tis the season for shipping strategy
- Home Depot names new Canadian chief
- Circular of the Week: Orchard Supply Hardware
- Lumber Liquidators hires OSH president as new COO
- Home Depot's Menear honored by City of Hope
- At Bed Bath & Beyond, a strong Q3
Sears Holdings is looking for other retail outlets to sell its Kenmore-branded appliances, the Wall Street Journal reported. According to a LinkedIn job posting, Sears is searching for a chief marketing officer for its appliance line who will promote appliance purchases through “external groups” such as Costco.
Costco recently struck a deal with Sears to carry a selection of its Craftsman brand tools, which are also available at Ace Hardware stores.
A Sears spokesman confirmed the job posting, describing it as a way “to identify new, emerging ways to reach current and future target audiences.” He added that there is no exact timeline for when Sears might “go external” with the Kenmore line.