- KB Home rolls out Daytona Beach Design studio
- KB Home CEO reflects on pleasant surprises in Q2
- KB Home debuts new energy storage solutions
- KB Home CEO points to steady progress
- KB Home opens new Denver community
- New KB Home Design Studio brings hands-on selection to D.C.
- KB Home releases Sustainability Report for Earth Day
KB Home has opened a new home community in Valencia, Calif., also known as "Awesometown." KB Home's Milan at West Hills offers solar power systems as a standard feature with its new homes.
"In Southern California, Valencia is a desirable location that offers job opportunities and a host of amenities for its residents while still being a part of the greater Los Angeles area, and KB Home is excited to be opening its newest community here," said Steve Ruffner, president of KB Home's Southern California division. "As part of an ongoing effort to help our home buyers reduce their monthly energy bills and cost of homeownership for years to come, we're pleased to include solar power systems as a standard feature of the homes at Milan at West Hills."
Milan is KB Home's ninth community in Southern California and its third in the Santa Clarita Valley that provides solar power as a standard home feature. The included solar power systems can also help qualify homeowners for a federal tax credit.
KB Home includes its Energy Performance Guide (EPG) in all of its homes. The EPG provides an estimate of monthly electric and/or gas costs for each home and information on the home's energy efficiency compared with a typical new home or resale home.