- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- Rocky’s helps pets with food drive
- At Rocky’s, pets get tons of donations
- Extreme makeover: Distribution edition
- Beacon shifts HQ to its Herndon, Va., corporate offices
- Menck Windows forms U.S. management team
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island
Jackson Lumber & Millwork has agreed to purchase the assets of the Eastern Lumber Co. in Amesbury, Mass., according to an article in the Newbury Port News.
The 14,000 sq. ft. former Eastern Lumber store, which sits on 3.5 acres, closed last June after 61 years in business.
The acquisition will expand Jackson’s territory to the northern portion of Essex County, the beaches and southern New Hampshire. Once the deal is completed, Jackson Lumber plans extensive renovations, according to the news report. The lumberyard is projected to open in the spring of 2012.
Based in Lawrence, Mass., Jackson Lumber & Millwork has another full-size lumberyard and millwork manufacturing facility in Raymond, N.H., along with a kitchen design showroom in North Andover. The company also operated a lumberyard in Haverhill until the summer of 2009.