- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Market Recap: RISI Crow's Construction Materials Cost Index
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Counterpoint: Priced out of America
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
The Swedish furniture and home furnishings retailer is preparing for Earth Day by describing sustainability as "the never ending job."
The company also is promoting what it calls a "Never ending list" of small improvements toward a more sustainable IKEA.
There are 77 small improvements on the list, including the use of flat packs to reduce transports, the reduction of raw material in particleboard, refraining from the use of optical brighteners in textiles, and funding scholarships for sustainable forestry initiatives in Eastern Europe and Russia.