- IKEA expands store in central Texas
- IKEA prepares for Denver-area opening
- IKEA launches pre-fab homes in the United Kingdom
- Green beyond the shelf
- More solar panels slated for IKEA stores
- IKEA brings electric vehicle charging stations to Frisco, Texas
- IKEA acquires Irish wind farm to power locations in Ireland
Home-furnishings giant IKEA announced that it hired contractor for its Kansas City-area store, expected to open in the fall of 2014.
The 359,000-sq.-ft. store will be built in Merriam, Kan. There are currently 38 IKEA stores in the United States.
IKEA has chosen JE Dunn Construction to serve as construction manager for the store, parking structure and site development.
“We are excited that plans continue to be on track to open IKEA Merriam as our Kansas City-area store,” said Mike Ward, IKEA U.S. president. “This store would provide a more conveniently located IKEA shopping experience for current and potential customers from Kansas, Missouri and beyond, and strengthen the IKEA presence already established in the Midwestern US by stores in Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Texas.”