- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- Rocky’s helps pets with food drive
- Tool King opens e-commerce system to outsiders
- At Golden Hammer event: 'Retail is Detail'
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island
- Beacon shifts HQ to its Herndon, Va., corporate offices
- Extreme makeover: Distribution edition
Southbridge, Mass.-based Hyde Tools introduced a point-of-purchase display for a product it calls "the ultimate junk drawer tool."
The 10-5/16 in. by 9-3/16 in. cut-case style merchandiser shows a full-size diagram of the 14-in-1 multi-tool's functions -- including the storage and use of four screwdriver bits in the handle.
“According to the Retail Hardware Association, adding shelf merchandisers in a key area increases sales substantially,” explained Corey Talbot, Hyde’s VP marketing and product development. “Combine that statistic with the growing demand for multi-tools -- which account for 30% of sales in the putty knife category. It only makes sense to create a display that helps retailers increase sales and educate customers on the many benefits of what we call ‘the ultimate junk drawer tool.’ ”